Full License Agreement
This license agreement accompanies purchased scores and grants you and your ensemble full rights to duplicate, use, and distribute the score.
I, Joseph Fear (“Licensor”), am the author and creator of the attached musical score, entitled _____________ (“Score”). You want to make use of the Score.
- Rights. By this copyright license agreement (“Agreement”), Licensor grants you (“Licensee” or “you”) a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright), nonexclusive, nontransferable, personal license (“License”) to use the Score subject to the terms set out below.
- You can reproduce the Score. Licensor grants to Licensee the right to reproduce the Score, in whole or in part, in tangible or intangible form, in any manner that is not primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation ("for noncommercial purposes").
- You can distribute the Score to members of a single performance ensemble. Licensor grants to Licensee the right to distribute the Score and copies of the Score, in whole or in part, in tangible or intangible form, for noncommercial purposes to members of the single performance ensemble to which the license has been granted.
- You can display the Score. Licensor grants to Licensee the right to publicly display the Score and copies of the Score, in whole or in part, in tangible or intangible form, for noncommercial purposes.
- You can perform the Score. Licensor grants to Licensee the right to perform the Score publicly, in whole or in part, through live performance and/or digital audio transmission, for noncommercial purposes.
- You can record the Score. Licensor grants to Licensee the right to reproduce the Score by making phonorecords of the Score (“recordings”), and/or to distribute said recordings publicly, in whole or in part, including by digital audio transmission, for noncommercial purposes.
- Restrictions. The license granted in this Agreement is expressly made subject to and limited to the following restrictions.
- You are bound by these terms. Exercising any rights to the work provided here constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the terms of this license. To the extent this license may be considered a contract, Licensor grants you the rights contained herein in consideration of your acceptance of such terms and conditions.
- You can only use the Score as licensed above. The License is a limited license. Licensor retains and reserves all rights, title, and interest, present and future, in and to the Score not otherwise expressly granted herein, including without limitation its copyrights and moral rights to the extent recognized by law and the right to collect any performance royalties, mechanical royalties, and other statutory royalties for the Score and any recordings created of the Score.
- You can’t change the Score. Licensee is not permitted to modify the Score or create works based on or otherwise derivative of the Score, in whole or in part, except to the extent that recordings of the Score are deemed modifications or derivative works of the Score, in which case such creation of modifications or derivative works is permitted solely as necessary for the recording, and provided that Licensor shall retain the copyright interest in and to such modification or derivative work of the Score.
- You have to give me credit. Licensee is required, when reproducing, distributing, publicly displaying, performing, or digitally performing the Score, to keep intact any copyright notices for the Score, and provide, reasonable to the medium or means Licensee is using, (i) the name of Licensor and/or of any other party or parties designated by Licensor in the copyright notice, and (ii) the title of the Score.
- You have to use this License. Licensee is required to include a copy of this License with any copy or recording of the Score that you create, distribute, display publicly, perform publicly, or perform publicly by digital means. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Score that restrict the terms of this License or the ability of a recipient of the Score to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License. You may not assign or sublicense the Score or the License.
- You can’t be in it for the money. Licensee is not permitted to exercise any of the rights granted in this Agreement except for noncommercial purposes. An exercise of the rights granted in this Agreement shall be considered to be for noncommercial purposes provided there is no payment of any monetary compensation in connection with the exchange of copyrighted works. Any exercise of rights in this Agreement primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation would require separate permission by Licensor, if granted in his discretion.
- Warranty. Licensor warrants that (a) the Score is Licensor’s original work or, with respect to any portions that are not Licensor’s original work, Licensor has authorization to publish such portions, (b) Licensor has the free and unencumbered right to grant the License herein, (c) the License does not violate the terms of any agreement between Licensor and a third party pertaining to the Score, (d) to Licensor’s knowledge, the Score does not infringe upon any other valid United States Copyright or any legally recognized privacy right, (e) the Work is not libelous or unlawful, and (f) the Score is not part of the public domain. The above warranties are limited warranties and the only warranties made by Licensor.
- Liability. In no event will Licensor be liable to You on any legal theory for any damages arising out of this License or the use of the Score.
- Termination. This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of the License. Licensor may elect to distribute the Score under different license terms or stop distributing the Score at any time, but such election will not serve to withdraw the License or rights granted hereunder, which will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under any applicable law, it is to that extent to be deemed modified in order to comply with applicable law, and the remaining provisions shall not be affected in any way.
- No Waiver. No term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- Governing Law. This Agreement and performance hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota. Sole venue and jurisdiction for any proceedings under this Agreement shall be in the state and federal courts located in Minnesota.
- Entire Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Score. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Score not specified in this Agreement. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from you. This License may not be modified without mutual written agreement between you and Licensor.
Read the Free license agreement.